California Residents Should Look at Residency Before Retiring Abroad

by | Jan 14, 2021 | Legal Services

Retiring in a foreign country offers many benefits. Depending on the country a person chooses to retire in, they may be able to enjoy a higher quality of life because of low costs associated with housing, transportation, and food. It also offers the benefit of allowing a person to experience a new language and culture. If you are thinking about retiring in a foreign country, take the time to see what is required before making the move.

When looking at different countries to retire in, find out what is needed to apply for residency in those countries. It is likely that you can make your first visit on a tourist visa. However, if you want to stay for an extended period of time, you will need residency. This may require you to hire a lawyer, get an Apostille from Secretary of State for all your documents, and go through the process of applying for residency at immigration centers in the foreign country you choose to move to. An

Apostille from Secretary Of State is a seal that is put on documents when a person moves from the United States to countries that are part of the Hague Convention Treaty formed in 1961.

If you do not know the language that is spoken in the country you want to move to, start taking language classes now. You will need these language skills when renting an apartment, shopping for food, and engaging in all other activities.

See how US Authentication Services helps individuals who need documents certified before moving to other countries by visiting their website at

For latest updates follow us on Facebook.

Latest Articles