The fact is that we don’t just live in an age of information on paper anymore. The digital revolution is upon us, and so much more information is being stored on hard disks and other electronic media. This includes sensitive customer data, such as credit card details and addresses, as well as the intellectual property of a company. Can you imagine if medical records, for example, fell into the wrong hands?
What Can Happen?
The problem is that companies around the country lose millions of dollars every year because of data theft. A hard drive that has not been destroyed correctly can still have the data extracted from it because it still physically exists on the disk. This means that even though you think you have wiped the disk and deleted the data. It is still there waiting for a thief to extract and use it for their own purposes. This is where professional hard drive destruction in Irvine is so vital in protecting against theft.
What Are the Benefits?
When you use professional hard drive destruction services from a company such as website, your company gains the following benefits:
- On-site or off-site hard drive destruction services, depending on the needs of your company,
- The assurance that hard drives are destroyed according to current electronic security standard and privacy regulations so that no data can be recovered in any form by anybody,
- A bulk destruction service so that you can eliminate data from hundreds of hard drives if necessary in a short space of time,
- The destruction of other electronic media, such as USB sticks, tapes, cell phones, DVDs, and CDs,
- A certificate that guarantees proper destruction, as well as a list of serial numbers of the drives that have been destroyed.
In today’s fast-paced world, it’s crucial that every company takes care of the disposal of their sensitive electronically stored data.